Category: Power & Control Equipment
Complies with AC of 150/5345-10, Section
3.4.12 (Lightning/Surge Arrestors) Current Edition
The ALA can be deployed at various locations in the 5kV primary series circuit to help reduce the susceptibility of airfield circuits to lightning strikes or surges.
- Compatible with all types of L-828/L-829 CCRs, incandescent and LED light fixtures and isolation transformers operating on 6.6A or 20A series circuits.
- Designed for operation at 5000V, the ALA is suitable for any airfield series circuit up to 30KW at 6.6A, and up to 70KW at 20A.
- Rated IP68 (NEMA 6P), suitable for installation in below ground base cans, handholes and manholes, or by direct burial.
- Connection to the primary circuit uses an L-823 male/female “T” connector(s) to ensure the primary circuit remains intact upon a failure of the ALA.
- A 3/8”-16 stainless steel stud provides solid ground connection for #6 AWG or larger ground wire.
- Compatible with Insulation Resistance Monitoring Systems (IRMS) and 500V to 5KV meggers.
- The ALA can be tested using a 5KV megger. Resistance from Line to Ground terminals should be greater than 2G ohm.